Search This Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Neuroscience Behind Religion!!!


In my TED-Ed Talk I did a few months ago, I talked about the neuroscience behind religion (linked below). Have you ever wondered why religion works? After all, there are so many religions in the world, and a lot of them clash in values, how is it possible that there are a wide variety of firm believers in their respective religions. I myself, meditate quite frequently in front of the Hindu gods. To be honest, I don't know how accurate my religion is... but it still works. Whenever I'm stressed or in pain, I can meditate at my temple and I feel rejuvenated. So how does this work? My conjecture: the Placebo effect. In  my following TED-Ed Talk, I discuss this fascinating phenomenon and how this is all possible. Be sure to check it out below!




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYSQEdquNO8


No comments:

Post a Comment